Who is this for?
This course is designed to develop operator’s skills and knowledge to safely operate a rough terrain forklift truck. operators.
The Rough Terrain Forklift Training course:
This course can be delivered as an assessment, refresher or novice course and under 4 awarding schemes. Grants are available under the CITB scheme if you are a levy payer
The Rough Terrain Forklift Training Course
This course aims to give foundation training and assessment towards the achievement of an Intermediate Certificate (ICT) and a Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) trained operator card. Note Operators should note that the achievement of an ICT/SPA and the obtaining of a CPCS are dependant upon passing the Health and Safety Test. The achievement of the CPCS Competency Card is dependent upon completion of an NVQ in Plant Operations (Constructions) Operative Level 2.
- Operating the machine on all normal tasks for which the rough terrain forklift truck is designed;
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift;
- Carrying out routine servicing procedures and maintenance in accordance with manufacturers instructions;
- Preparing the machine for driving on public highways;
- The purpose and capabilities of their machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation;
- How the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved;
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability;
- The loading, storage and transit of representative material;
- The basic construction of pallets;
- The permitted loading on scaffolds.
1 – 4 Days depending on previous experience.
C&G Services (Europe) Ltd – BS EN ISO 9001