Who is this for?
This training course has been designed for people who operate compressed air tools during their normal working day.
Safe Use of Compressed Air Tools course:
To highlight the hazards, risks and control measures required to safely and correctly use compressed air systems and tools. On completion of the training course candidates will be aware of the hazards associated with compressed air, and will be able to demonstrate the correct use of pneumatic hand tools.
- Duties and responsibilities
- Hazards and risks associated to compressed air and pneumatic tools
- Components of compressed air systems, and written schemes of examination
- Daily checks to the compressor unit – Lubrication, guarding, filters and safety devices
- Pressure gauges and system rating
- Contamination of compressed air – moisture, dirt, corrosive fumes
- An overview of hand arm vibration syndrome – understanding trigger times
- Methods of reducing vibration
- Personal protective equipment – rating and specification
- Air hose safety – couplings, rating, whip checks and pre-use inspection
- Air tools Pre-use check, rating, and lubrication.
- Operator maintenance and defect reporting procedures
- Noise reduction methods and tool silencers
- Set up and safe use of pneumatic tools
- Example of pneumatic tools.
- Pistol drill
- Angle grinder
Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
Management of Health & Safety At Work regulations 1999
Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 2002
Some recent feedback for a Compressed Air Tools course:
- This course has opened my eyes to more about what I didn’t know than did know! 10/10 DP Hereford College of Arts