Who is this for?
This course is designed to develop operator’s skills and knowledge to safely operate telescopic materials handlers. This course is run at refresher through to novice level.
The Telescopic Material handler Course:
This course can be delivered as an assessment, refresher or novice course and under 4 awarding schemes. Grants are available under the CITB scheme if you are a levy payer.
The course content will include:
- Operating the machine on all normal tasks for which the machine is designed;
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift;
- Carrying out routine servicing procedures and maintenance in accordance with the manufacturers instructions;
- Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, and loading it onto a transporter in accordance with the requirements of the Road Traffic Acts; The purpose and capabilities of their machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation;
- How the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved;
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability;
- The loading, storage and transit of representative materials;
- The basic construction of pallets;
- The permitted loading of scaffolds.
1 – 5 Days depending on previous experience
C&G Services (Europe) Ltd – BS EN ISO 9001