The HSE on the 2nd November 2016 published the latest statistics on work-related health and safety in Great Britain and includes the following key annual figures (2015/16):
- Work-related illness – 1.3 million working people suffering from a work-related illness;
- Asbestos – 2,515 mesothelioma deaths due to past asbestos exposures (2014);
- Fatal incidents – 144 workers died at work;
- RIDDOR Injuries – 72,702 other injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR.
- All Injuries – 621,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey.
- Working Days Lost –