We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.gettrained.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
In this policy ‘C&G’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ means C&G Services (Europe) Ltd, company number 3555819, We are registered in England. Our registered office is 201 The Waterfront, Stonehouse Business Park, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, GL10 3UT.
Our Site is owned and operated by C&G.
What Does This Policy Cover?
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that We have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and We advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
You have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data.
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see Your right to access your data).
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details below).
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in How Do We Use Your Data? but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details below).
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation).
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes.
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in the section below and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you.
If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do We Collect?
- Your name
- Company name
- Job title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. More details on security are provided below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis. We use legitimate interests as the basis for processing your personal data (e.g. we use the information you have provided to contact you for direct marketing purposes). Please refer to our legitimate interest statement for further details. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- E-mailing download links, blog alerts or newsletters requested by you.
- Answering online chat queries.
- Replying to enquiries from you.
- Adding you to our client database.
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering anonymous feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- Marketing purposes which may include occasionally contacting you by email and/or telephone with information, news and offers on Our products, services and/or We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You may unsubscribe or opt-out of our marketing at any time by selecting opt out on data collection or using the unsubscribe link in our emails. Any opt out will be construed as opting out of all marketing communications with C&G.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods or its retention will be determined on the following bases:
Personal data (excluding email address) submitted via the contact us form is retained as follows:
Until there has been no engagement from you for a period of 2 years.
or you become a client.
Your email address will be retained indefinitely and will only be used for marketing purposes if you have not opted out of receiving email. To ensure that we can observe your opt out request, your email address will be added to a suppression list to ensure that we do not send email communications to you. All other personal data will be deleted.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
All of your data is stored securely in the UK. We assume that you accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it can be within the UK and under the GDPR.
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- Your personal data is only accessible to staff who need to access it to do their jobs.
- Regular backups are performed.
- We carry out security vetting of our data processors to ensure that your personal data is handled in line with GDPR.
- We have supporting policies and procedures which are regularly reviewed and enforced.
- All personal data is transmitted via SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to encrypt your data.
Do We Share Your Data?
We will not share your data with any other third parties for any purposes. However if you become a client and progress to recognised accredited qualifications, we will share details with the appropriate awarding body for registration and certification purposes only.
In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data. For example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority. You will be informed in these circumstances and to date this has never happened.
How Can You Control Your Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out above, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details).
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data e.g. cookies.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
- by email at [email protected]
- by telephone on 01453 826781, or
- by post or in person at 201 The Waterfront, Stonehouse Business Park, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, GL10 3UT.
Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data We hold about you.