Address:201 The Waterfront, Stonehouse Business Park, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, GL10 3UT
Duration:1 – 4 Days depending on previous experience
• Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
• Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources i.e. Load charts, and applicable regulations.
• Explain all relevant documentation.
• Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
• Configure the fork lift for site and road travel.
• Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load.
• Travel the Fork Lift over different types of terrain, including both rough undulating ground and substantial inclines, with and without a load
• Set the Fork lift in order to lift various loads.
• Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the Fork lift.
• Ensure load integrity and security.
• Transport loads
• Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places.
• Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
• Keep within safe working parameters.
• Place the machine in an out-of-service condition.
• Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.