Who is this for?
The Automated External Defibrillation training course is for delegates who wish to be trained in the safe use of an AED machine. The course is suitable for people with no prior training but will enhance the skills of those with formal first aid training.
To identify the circumstances when an AED may be required and understand the safe and effective use of an AED in an emergency situation.
On completion of this course candidates should have the required knowledge and skills to understand and administer AED, and carry out basic life support including CPR.
Administer first aid to a casualty with;
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- Personal safety, assessing the incident and patient priori-ties:
- DRABC check and sending for help – Danger, Response, Airway, Breathing, Circulation
- Identify Learners underpinning knowledge of Basic Life Support
- How to recognise a casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to deal with an unconscious casualty
- Identify how the AED works, and its effect on a cardiac ar-rest patient
- Defibrillation (recognition of heart rhythms)
- General guidelines for using a defibrillator
- Demonstrate correct and safe use of the AED
- Practice the correct protocol for using the AED
- Practical Learner Assessment
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- CPR and use of AED on casualty
- Hand over to the emergency services
- Safety considerations
- Practical exercises will be used for the assessment