Who is this for?
This practical course is designed for existing lift truck operators who have previous operating experience. The training & achievement test fully complies with the approved code of practice for training lift truck operators.
The Side Loader Lift Truck Conversion Course:
To enable candidates to transfer their skills to enable them to operate Side-Loading lift trucks. On completion of training, operators will have an accepted knowledge of the legal and safety duties in relation to a Side-Loading lift truck. Demonstrating safety at all stages of operation and in accordance with the manufacturers guide lines and accepted good practice.
- Duties and responsibilities during lift truck operations
- Identify, describe and explain the principle components.
- Understand the terminology used and the features affecting the stability and capability of the side loader
- Carry out pre-use safety inspection and perform daily maintenance checks as recommended by the machine manufacturer.
- Identify safe terrain conditions and operate within the design limits of the side loader.
- Understand the safe loading of the machine and able to assess the weight loads handled.
- Stack loads
- Unload, load and transport safely.
- Refuelling procedures
- Parking and isolation
About conversion training:
Conversion training enables trained and experienced operators to extend the range of lift trucks they are qualified to drive. It involves learning to operate a truck of a different category, such as a counterbalanced operator converting to operate, eg a reach truck, articulated lift truck, or very narrow aisle man-up stacking truck. Conversion training should follow a similar pattern to initial lift-truck training, including basic, specific job, and familiarisation training and testing.