This in-depth training course is designed for experienced personnel who have adequate practical and theoretical knowledge of lifting operations.
Appointed Person – Lifting Operations – Mobile Crane – Course:
To train candidates in the duties prescribed in BS 71721 Part one, and the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998. On successful completion of this training course, candidates should have demonstrated a good knowledge of the legal and safety duties in relation to lifting operations. Candidates will be required to risk-assess an entire lift, producing a lifting plan and method statement to support their observation.
- Introduction, aim and objectives
- Practical refresher for crane and lifting accessories as required
- Duties of the person appointed to control the lifting operation
- Relevant parts of the Project Health & Safety Plan applicable to lifting operations on CDM complaint sites.
- Assessing supporting conditions and outrigger loading – geotechnical reports
- Lifting equipment used for lifting people or goods.
- Assessing the lifting operation to provide lift planning, method statements and equipment selection.
- Proximity hazards i.e. Air fields, railway lines and high voltage power lines.
- Ensuring instruction and supervision as necessary for the task to be undertaken safely
- Ensuring that adequate inspection/examination and maintenance of the equipment
- Ensuring effective procedures for reporting defects and incidents.
- Taking responsibility for the organisation and control of the lifting operation.
- Ensuring that the crane supervisor is fully briefed on the contents of the method statement
- Practical application of lift plan for OHC operations (if applicable)
- Documentation associated to hiring mobile cranes
- Practical application of lift plan for mobile crane operations
- Review of lift planning