Who is this for?
This practical training course is designed for prospective reach truck operators. The training & achievement test fully complies with the approved code of practice for training lift truck operators.
Industrial Reach Lift Truck Novice course:
To enable participants the skills & knowledge needed to operate lift trucks safely an efficiently
On completion of training, operators should have an accepted knowledge of the legal and safety duties in relation to lift truck. Use lifting equipment safely and in accordance with the
manufacturers guidelines and accepted good practice.
- Duties and responsibilities of reach truck operators
- In company Codes of Practice
- Identify, describe, explain the principle components
- Understand the stability and capacity of the reach truck
- Safely locate and operate all the controls of the reach truck
- Understand and correctly respond to warning devices fitted to the reach truck
- Carry out pre-use safety inspection and perform daily checks as recommended by the reach truck manufacturer
- Identify safe terrain conditions & operate within the design limits of the reach truck
- Understand the safe loading of the machine and assess the weight of loads handled (if applicable)
- Operate and manoeuvre reach truck in confined areas
- Stack and de-stack at varying heights
- Battery charging safety
- Parking and isolation