Address:201 The Waterfront, Stonehouse Business Park, Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, GL10 3UT
Duration:1 – 2 Days depending on previous experience
• Duties and responsibilities of the dumper driver, application of MindSafety
• Identifying dumper type and operating parameters
• Safety locks and supports
• General dumper safety and good operator practice
• Identify, describe, and explain the principle components of the dumper and their function.
• Carry out pre-use, weekly and monthly operational checks.
• Understand the features affecting stability of the dumper (loaded and unloaded conditions)
• Basic moving off, stopping and gear changing exercise
• Safely operate the machine over all types of terrain with and without loads.
• Position the dumper correctly to receive loads
• Understand the safe loading and safe capacity of the for-ward tipping dumper.
• Be able to assess the weight of loads handled.
• Safe tipping procedures
• Use of stop blocks and edge protection measures
• Parking and isolation